Saturday, October 28, 2006

Installed Ubuntu 6.10 Server


Today I just converted my home mail server to Ubuntu 6.10 code name: "Edgy Eft". Coming from Windows Server 2003, it was quite a change. For one thing there is alot of command line scripts to enter in. The overall install was fairly easy. I configured my mail server to a max. I used Postfix,Courier IMAP,MySQL,Amavisd-new, SpamAssassin,ClamAV,SASL,TLS,SquirrelMail and Postgrey. Let me tell you that is the last time I'm going to touch that server, considering how long it took me to configure all the settings. I don't think it's a bad server option though people tend to lean to RedHat. If your considering downloading Ubuntu you might want to wait a few days if you perfer FTP and HTTP. The only way to get it fast is through Bittorrnet.

If you're looking for a good deal on customized desktops and laptops that run Ubuntu check out http://system76.com/


No comments: